Assembly and Packaging
Selecting the optimal manufacturing technology and combining it with appropriate assembly and packaging techniques, allows IMM to realize custom solutions e.g. for the fields of chemical process technology, fluidics, metrology that are robust, offer high functionality and are economically viable as well.
According to its wide spectrum of micro fabrication processes, IMM has a broad range of dedicated assembly and packaging techniques for a variety of materials such as silicon, glass, plastics and metals at its disposal.
- Semi-automated micro-assembly on robotic handling systems
- Precision measurement in the assembly process
- Joining and mounting techniques for plastic micro components including bonding of micro fluidic plastic devices by gluing, solvent and adhesive bonding, maskless laminar laser welding and laser contour welding
- Laser welding of metals with and without filler material
- Wafer-level techniques such as fusion bonding, anodic bonding, gluing
- Electrical connection technologies such as wire bonding, flip-chip assembly, soldering, conductive gluing